Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

This Halloween we had about six children come to the door and we gave them granola bars! Yay!
I'm sure they were thrilled.  We hardly ever get any children but this year we have neighbors who have a really elaborate display and they attracted more to this little street and are still out there celebrating. 
Makes me long for the old days when we were kids and could roam at will with our pillow cases and no one worried about how long we were out or how much sugar we consumed.
We were minimalists in our decorating.  However, we collaborated and did a yin/yang jack-o-lantern.
I also toasted the seeds. The bushes need to be cut, but I think it adds to the spooky effect!  And I wore my mom's "witch" hat.  She used to make fabulous costumes for us every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment